On 21st February, 2018 Sauti Yetu, together with community based organisations held a joint community forum at Flamingo Ward, Nakuru Town West Sub-County in Nakuru County. The community based organisations involved included Flamingo Residents associations, Lekeren Women Self Help Group and Community Health Volunteers. The forum was held at the Langa Langa Dispensary Ground, in Flamingo ward and brought together residents of the various villages in Flamingo Ward, community leaders, community groups, local administration, and individuals
Among the leaders present included: Hon. Eddy Kiragu Member of the County Assembly, Mr. Gitonga Kinyanjui Ward Administrator Kivumbini who was standing for Joan Kandie, Flamingo Wad Administrator and Mr George Nyaga; the area Chief Flamingo.
The event was attended by 142 participants: 49 male and 93 female
Key developmental issue deliberated upon by the residents and their immediate duty bearers included:
- Proper garbage collection picking points around flamingo
- Youths requesting to be given tree planting contracts.
- Youths to be supported with fertilizer to do urban farming.
- Provision of Green house.
- Langa Langa Dispensary new wing to be finished to start working.
- Hospital sewer line to be upgraded.
- Lack of enough water at the hospital.
- Maternity for women at Langa langa Dispensary.
- Community health workers requesting to be included in the budget.
- Langa Langa to be upgraded to be 24 hours operation.
- To build Sewer line in Kimathi, Pangani, Lake View and Race Corse estate,
- Build culverts in Lake View, Pangani and Race Corse estate.
- Residents of Flamingo demanding to be given County houses that they were promised by the former Governor after paying in installments has a rent.
- Public toilets for people doing business along Lake Nakuru National Park and Lake view estate.
- Flamingo County houses need urgent Roofing repair.
- Residents Demanding Chimney that is burning waste at the Langa Langa Dispensary to be build higher, its bringing health hazard.
- Youth and Women Income generating activities in Flamingo ward
- County Government to start employing ECD teachers soon
- Construction of Flamingo Education Resource center
- The Member of County Assembly used the platform to engage residents on key priority issues.
- To push for the repair of County houses roofing.
- Clearance of the drainage system in Langa Langa, Pangani estate, Lake View
- To push for public toilet to be built in Flamingo estate along National park for our people doing business.
Ward Administrator committed to work with Member of County Assembly together with Community to implement projects that the residents of Flamingo ward had proposed
Ten (10) community members volunteered to form the initial Community Action Group to follow through on the above mentioned issues, They were selected two people per village also gender was consider, selected members of community were, Vincent Gumo, Linet Kerubo, Isaack Nderitu, Grace Wamaitha, Lilian Khamasi, Jane Wambui, Chege Karanja, Sheila Wanjiku, Mary Wangare, James Mburu and Lucy Mucheki.